L'hôtel Casa Bianca est & breakfast is officially registered as an architectural landmark. The house was built in 1912 by a Montreal developer. The architectural style is French Renaissance revival, and the exterior facing is made of unusual white glazed terra cotta tiles. The interior moldings, hard wood floors, detailed wainscotting and terra cotta fountain are all restored and original to the house.
The original owner moved after 5 years in the house. Dr. Rabinovitch moved in and opened Montreal’s first Jewish medical clinic in what was then the heart of the Jewish neighborhood. The Doctor continued to live and practice in the building until the 1980’s, when the house once again became a family residence. The house is famous to older locals, Jewish and not, many of whom still knock on the door to visit the place where they had tonsils removed, etc..